B +ve

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Places and People

- “Viddu, what’s the name of this place?” I asked while taking an afternoon stroll with my son near Benz circle area.

- “Vijayawada.”

Right comes the answer. I was happy to learn he knew about places.

- “Very good, Vidwat. Now tell me, what’s the name of our country?”

- “It’s India, bapa.” (Bapa is Odia for Dad)

I felt excited. Thought, he is already five. May be this is the right time I talk about capital city.

- “Viddu... do you know what’s the capital of India?”

- “Uuuhun” (an informal way of saying No)

- “It’s New Delhi.”

- “Why? Why New Delhi?”

- “New Delhi is important.” I gave the reasoning.

- “O...” Vidwat gave a signal of understanding.

- “Viddu... can you tell me what’s the capital of Andhra Pradesh”

- “Subha Pinni” (Pinni is mother’s sister in Telugu)

- “What! Subha Pinni!!!” I could not resist my laughter. “How come Subha Pinni is capital of Andhra Pradesh?”

- “Yes, she is. She is important.” Vidwat replied normally. Subha takes care of the Cetre at my In law's family and considered to be an important member. My dad complements her to be the center of the Atheist center.

I realize, I am at fault. I should have made him understand at the outset, capitals are places, not people.

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
 

-->